Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Today I snapped some shots, in our yard and neighborhood, of our first snow. I probably should have done some thinking about settings, but I just set the aperture open in aperture priority mode and shot away. I like what I got just fine, nothing crazy good (by my current standards), but the real fun came in the post-processing. I used my favorites posterized and poster edges -- I just love that graphic look -- and I also used another standby, the combination of poster edges and posterize, it subdues the effects of posterizing a bit. There's a variable in the posterize effects, the number of channels. The default is 4, but raising it to five or six, reduces the effect a bit, by not combining so many colors.

I know the purists would probably object, but I enjoy giving my photos different looks. I love FX!!


f/3.5, 1/640 SEC, 28 MM, ISO-400
Post-processing: cropped



Post-processing: poster edges, then posterized (5 levels)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~


f/3.5, 1/800 SEC, 28 MM, ISO-400
Post-processing: cropped, darken highlights



Post-processing: poster edges, then posterized (6 levels)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~


f/3.5, 1/125 SEC, 28 MM, ISO-400
Post-processing: cropped, auto levels, contrast, color



Post-processing: poster edges, then posterized (6 channels)

No comments: