Saturday, December 1, 2007

I had a dream the other night that I was shooting in this little park, from this exact perspective. Weird that photography has permeated my consciousness like that. I got up early and drove there the next morning. Of course, how could I not?


f/5.6, 1/50 SEC, 20 MM, ISO-100

Post-processing: auto levels, darken highlights, small increase in saturation, poster edges filter (I liked the way the poster edges darkened the lines of the tree branches against the sky.)

I ended up using a different shot on my 365 blog, one that I got after I had packed everything up and was driving out. I passed this other side of the park, saw the two benches and decided it was worth pulling everything back out to see what I could capture. I actually drove past it, and back around, before comitting to it. Now, I'm glad I did.


f/5.6, 1/30 SEC, 31 MM, ISO-200

Post-processing: auto levels, darken highlights, small increase in saturation, dry brush filter (I liked the way the dry brush simplified the lines and softened the foreground.)

2 comments:

Sandie said...

I will seriously look forward to reading this blog!

Dalissa 365 said...

I really like that top park bench photo... the composition is really nice and inspires conjecture.

(btw, damn woman... 3 blogs with two focused on photography? I'll never keep up!!!)