Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Morning in the Woods: DoF

So I originally went to study DoF. Before all the other distractions set in. And I originally intended to use the tripod. Until I got distracted. Still, I did take some shots to compare DoF at different apertures.


f/4


f/8


f/11


f/16


f/22

And here's a comparison of f/3 and f/22, just for extremes. I like f/3 better for this shot, I think.





























I'm not sure what I learned from this, other than I am still have a hard time getting crisp DoF with this lens. And I even like the aperture wide open on the first set of shots. The color is better. So, how do photographers get shots of the woods where so many of the trees, from front to back, are in focus? Is a matter of a more powerful lens? Inquiring minds want to know.

No comments: