Friday, December 7, 2007

A couple more from the accidental B&W shoot, that are in color, due to using the program settings (landscape). I really, really like this shot of the snowy field and the road it the foreground. What appeals to me is its simplicity, lines, and the gradations in the color of the sky.


f/9, 1/200 SEC, 41 MM, ISO-100 (Landscape Program)
Post-processing: auto levels, contrast



This next shot is something new that I'm trying -- not composing the entire tree, but rather trying to capture some part of it that communicates its character.


f/7.1, 1/125 SEC, 41 MM, ISO-100 (Landscape Program)
Post-processing: auto levels, contrast, ink outlines filter

My absolute adoration of trees is well documented in my daily photoblog. I'm forever trying to capture their essence and their subliminity. In most past attemps, I try to capture the whole tree, thinking its beauty lies in whole form. But, my eye can take in the whole form as well as the intricate detail at the same time. When I look at the shots taken of the whole tree, they often fail to communicate what captivated me at the time.

Sometimes whole tree shots are good, however, because the form and line of an entire tree is wonderful, and like snowflakes, no two the same.

No comments: