Tuesday, December 25, 2007

50mm f/1.4, my new speedy friend.

Got a new lens for Christmas! At f/1.4 it's got lots of potential for bokeh. :) It's also small which makes it possible to have slower shutter speeds without camera shake.

All of these were taken at f/1.4 in Aperture Priority mode, with no post-processing.

It takes great shots indoors, in low light.



And great "frizzle" pictures. (I took quite a few of these!)





Just a few weeks ago, these grasses looked like this. Can you believe that these are in my backyard and I never noticed this transformation? In my defense, it's only recently that they have gotten this tall. But, still!



And and experimental, pine needle shot, using manual focus.



And a cool shot of my Azalea.



Gracie was having a hard time figuring out why I was on the outside of the fence and she was on the inside.

I finished off the adventure with a Squirrel Chase.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I love that last one.

Sandie said...

I love the first swirly one and the last one!