Monday, January 28, 2008

Liberty Reservoir

(with no actual pictures of the reservoir!)

Boogieman and I ventured out early yesterday, to check out a reservoir that I passed on the way to one of Equus' (the daughter) horse shows. It was a pretty drive with good conversation, especially given the early hour.

We found a place to pull off and park, and a path leading down to the reservoir. We did not make it all the way down to the water, because the path was covered with snow that had become ice. We did get a few shots through the trees, though. Unfortunately, the sun was in front of us and not ideal for shooting.













I attempted to walk out on the overpass to get some shots, even though Boogieman did not endorse the idea. Once I got to part where the road narrowed over the bridge, I chickened out, due to the cars zooming past me a mere three feet away.



So, we'll consider this a scouting trip and venture back there another day, when it is not cold with leftover snow, and later in the day, when the sun will be behind us. I have some more shots, of leaves and branches, and stuff, which I will post later.

On the way home, I took Boogieman to the little cemeterary that I have grown so fond of and he had the same reaction that I did. I waited in the car as he wandered it alone, he asked me to come with him, but I told him it was better alone. I watched as he paused at the sign that had partially come down, just as I did when I was there, but then was surprised that he picked up the sign and put it back together. And whereas I stayed on the fringes of the little wooded area, he wandered all through it and looked at every marker. I can't explain why, but it meant so much to me to watch him, knowing that he felt like I did, but had his own way of interacting with the feelings. Just very cool.


Location: Liberty Reservoir, Howard County
Date: 01.27.08
Time: 9:30 AM

No comments: