Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Local Wildlife 1

The morning of my playground fun, I went to check out Lake Whetstone, at the center of Montgomery Village, our community. My intent was to scope it out, where to park, and see what I might want to shoot.

Well, from the moment I got out of the car and saw the geese on the hill, I began shooting. No self control!

I'll be going back to this lake more, because there is much more to explore than all these shots that I got from the pier. There is a path that goes around the lake. Cruelly, though, it does not go all the way around, you have to retrace your steps to get back to the pier and the parking lot. It will be good exercise when I go back.

The Geese of Geeseville:





The Pier and Lake, with the remaining population of Geeseville











A gull, having a happy meal







He, or she, was so funny. Each time I took a step closer, he tried to get the whole fish in his mouth -- as if I wanted that fish!

Date: 12.29.2007
Location : Lake Whetstone
Time: 9 AM

3 comments:

Sandie said...

these are great, I especially love the little guy and his fish!

Sharon said...

I just captured a gaggle of geese myself! :) Great shots.

Unknown said...

Oh wow! In the middle of eating, even. That's awesome.