Monday, January 7, 2008

Creek, Hawkins Creamery Road

We have this interesting landscape here in Maryland -- it's kind of like a marsh or bog or something. It stays this same, muted color year round, although it's more pronounced in winter, when nothing around it is green either. I find I really start noticing them, throughout my local travels, once all the leaves have fallen.

I finally have my tripod, so I'd really like to go back and get some more shots of this creek, which has such beautiful lines and textures. I think I may do that this weekend. (The DPS blog has a good post on why tripods are a must have for landscape photography.)


f/8, 1/160 SEC, 44mm, ISO-400
Post-processing: levels, darken highlights, tiny boost to midtone contrast and saturation


f/8, 1/100 SEC, 28mm, ISO-400
Post-processing: levels, darken highlights, tiny boost to midtone contrast and saturation

This is the creek I found after I left the pony and the sheep. It was a good outing. :)

No comments: