Monday, January 21, 2008

Little Red Field

I'm taking fewer photos now that it's in the twenties in the early morning. I just don't have the constitution for that! These are some shots that I took a week ago. I went out with the intent to try to capture these crookedly charming trees that I pass on the way to the barn where my daughter rides. The trees are just beyond a field of cattails and other assorted beige and red vegetation.


f/22, 1/30 sec, 28 mm, ISO 640



f/22, 1/40 sec, 33 mm, ISO 640



f/22, 1/40 sec, 33 mm, ISO 640


Even though my landscape shots aren't quite what I was hoping for (I do like the last one that looks like an entrance into a hobbit hole or something), I did get some cool shots of all the frozen leaves and reeds and other such stuff on the ground and a cattail.


f/5.6, 1/125 sec, 135 mm, ISO 800



f/5.6, 1/100 sec, 75 mm, ISO 640



f/5.6, 1/2000 sec, 135 mm, ISO 400

For some reason, I was really jumpy that morning, and all the mole holes scared me and I was half expecting some living thing to jump out at me.

My hands were numb, even with gloves, by the time I was finished. Sadly, I have not been out for an extensive shoot since. I have driven around and hopped in and out of my heated vehicle, with heated seat, but I find myself missing the experience of getting lost in space and time via a long, wandering shoot.

This was the same morning that I got waylaid by this sunset peeking through the trees.

Date: 1.14.08
Location: Fieldcrest Rd.
Time: 8 AM

1 comment:

my15minutes said...

Based on these shots, you might enjoy "Paula's House of Toast" blog. She does these kinds of shots really well. Her address is http://paulashouseoftoast.blogspot.com/