Wednesday, November 21, 2007


f/11, 1/250 SEC, 28 MM, ISO-100

Post-processing: this was my first effort at separating the sky from the foreground in photoshop, and giving them separate treatments. The sky was at a good exposure, but the foreground was very dark and you could not see the fence or the stalks of grass. I selected the field and trees with the magic wand and copied it into a new layer. Then, on that layer, I lightened the shadows, dodged the trees, and boosted the saturation. I forgot to feather the selection before copying into a new layer, and as a result it does not look as good as it could.

Here's another one, where the lack of feathering creates an even worse result, not to mention that the lightening looks fake and hazy. Lots to learn about how to do this better.


I do love that sky, though.

No comments: