Thursday, February 14, 2008

Watkins Mill Tree

This is a tree that I've long admired. It's adjacent to our local community golf course. I was trying out my wide angle lens (20-35 mm) that I had from my Canon EOS film SLR, before I got my new DSLR. Jeff, my photographic consultant :), told me that this lens would be a little soft and he was right! I do hope to play with it some more, on wider apertures and closer shots, rather than landscapes, but for these tree shots, I just used the poster edges effect to clean up the soft edges.


f/22, 1/25 sec., 24 mm, ISO-400



f/22, 1/60 sec., 20 mm, ISO-400



f/22, 1/80 sec., 35 mm, ISO-400 (cropped)

I really like the tree so much. It's branching is so very awesome. I'll have to try to shoot it again sometime with the tripod and the 28-135 mm lens.

Here's another tree, on the other side of golf course.


f/22, 1/30 sec., 31 mm, ISO-400

Location: Watkins Mill Road (MV golf course)
Date: 01.02.2008 (it was sooooooo cold that morning, my hands were like ice cubes.)
Time: 8:50 AM

1 comment:

photoshop restoration and retouching said...

Beautiful images. Loved it. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
restoration